Good taste: similar to sucrose in terms of taste
High sweetness: about 200 times than sucrose
1) The potassium salt of 6-methy-1,3-oxathiazine-4(3H)-one-2,2-dioxide
2) White, virtually odourless, crystalline powder
3) Molecular formula: C4H4NO4KS
4) Molecular weight: 201.24
5) CAS no.: 55589-62-3
1) Solubility in water: freely soluble
2) Solubility in alcohol: Slightly soluble
3) Ultraviolet absorption: 227+/-2nm
4) Test for potassium: positive
5) Precipitation test: yellow precipitate
6) Assay (titrimetric method): 99.0-101.0%
7) Potassium: 17.0-21.0%
8) Loss on drying: 1% max.
9) Organic impurities: 20mg/kg max.
10) Fluoride: 3mg/kg max.
11) Heavy metals: 5mg/kg max.
12) Lead: 1mg/kg max.
13) Arsenic: 3mg/kg max.
14) Selenium: 30mg/kg max.
15) pH (1 in 100 solution): 6.5 - 7.5
As food additives, Acesulfame-k has good stability and suitable taste, is the best
sweeting agent for producing soft drinks, in addition, it can also be used in
bakery products, pastry, solid drink, candy, jam, chewing gum, instant coffee,
dairy products, jelly, pudding, sweeting agent and others.
In the medicine aspect, it is used in the syrup preparation, sugarcoated tablets,
bitter medicine masking agent and others.